These reviews are long but detailed. We aim to equip you with the best possible insight for you to make informed decisions about your purchase.
Are you an Airbnb host looking for the best thermostat for Airbnb to control your guests’ comfort and energy use?
Look no further! In this article, we will discuss some of the top-rated thermostats specifically designed with Airbnb hosts in mind.
A reliable smart thermostat will meet the needs of both the hosts and the guests in terms of temperature and comfort without accumulating energy costs.
Since every person has their own atmospheric preferences, a smart thermostat will always save the day when it comes to the rooms being too hot or cold.
They would have access to a user friendly interface to change the temperature to their likings.
While the host will have complete control over the thermostat where they can program a schedule that would significantly cut down energy expense…
And also prevent guests from tampering with the settings of the thermostat through privacy and security features.
To save you time, money and hassle, our team of smart home tech enthusiasts spent months rigorously testing over 20+ smart thermostats for Airbnb so you can choose the one that fits your requirements perfectly.
We’ll cover features like remote access, scheduling options, and much more that make these thermostats perfect for short-term rental properties. So read on to find out which one is right for you and your guests!
Too busy for the full read? Here’s the best thermostat for Airbnb in 2023
#1 Best Nest Thermostat for Airbnb – Google Nest Learning 3rd Generation
Best managed through Google Nest temperature sensors for better accuracy and elegant climate controlled environment.
Easy to program and seamless installation process with full remote access to the thermostat from your phone/tablet.
Our top choice is the Google Nest Learning 3rd Generation because it has all the bells and whistles and is the best value for money thermostat.
After rigorous testing of 3 whole months we noticed a drop in energy usage from 2184 kWh to 1834 kWh. Considering the fact that the home was heated using a 3 HVAC system throughout.
It comes with a wiring diagram which makes the process of installing Nest thermostat seamless and straight-forward.
And can be done by anyone who can handle some tools and understand the relatively standard thermostat wiring.
It has a stainless steel dial which is very smooth and allows you to navigate through the settings with ease.
The best part is, you get to lock the thermostat to your desired schedule to maintain efficiency and usage so the guests won’t tamper with the settings or even change the temperature.
Nest has an Away mode which uses a geofencing mechanism that allows the thermostat to operate more efficiently to save energy.
It takes a few days to learn your habits such as what temperatures you like and what time do you leave the place.
Then it will ask you for automatically going into Away mode when it senses you’re not home. We recommend to opt-in for the Away mode for better energy savings.
Try our #1 recommended smart thermostat for Airbnb today!
We have covered the in-depth review of our top picks below, including the Google Nest Learning 3rd Generation.
To discover more interesting facts about your next smart home purchase, continue reading. We have done the homework for you!
Short on time? Here are the Top 3 Best Selling Smart Thermostats for Airbnb in 2023
|1. Google Nest 3rd Generation
|Super easy setup & install, with user friendly interface.
Seamless Alexa integration which means you can turn the temperature up or down with voice commands.
This Nest thermostat for rental property is best controlled via Google Nest temperature sensors.
Easily control with your phone/tablet from anywhere in the world.
Nest is a money saving machine that will cut down the zeros in your energy bills.
Zero Wi-Fi connectivity issues and best overall for short-term rentals.
(Requires ‘C’ wire for installation)
|2. Emerson Sensi ST55||Best runner-up thermostat for Airbnb.
ENERGY STAR certified and saves up to 23% of you HVAC energy.
Big room temperature numbers on the display.
Intuitive application and physical adjustments can be made by guests from buttons without using the app.
DIY installation process with a beginner-friendly interface.
You are able to see the current temperature both inside and outside the building and whether or not the furnace is currently running.
It has a smart maintenance feature that will provide usage reports and alerts for air filters when needed to be replaced.
(Works without a C wire in most cases, does not need a separate 24V supply to function but you just might need a C wire)
|3. Honeywell Home T9||The tesla of thermostats. If you want to have personal control over the temperatures instead of leaving it to a smart algorithm, T9 is the one for you.
Easy to use, install and program. The device relies on Honeywell Home smart room sensors as opposed to “smart” learning which is a great feature in our opinion.
Therefore it’s also known as the best multi zone smart thermostat.
The T9 allows you to focus on multiple rooms with sensors that have a range of 200 feet.
So you can have slightly different temperatures at different times.
The App and the device itself are extremely easy to use and straight-forward.
(Requires ‘C’ wire for installation)
Top 5 Best Thermostats For Airbnb 2023 – Detailed Analysis
Let us provide you with an in depth and unbiased review of the top selling thermostats that are user friendly in terms of usage and installation as well as reducing energy bills and are the best value for your buck!
1. Google Nest 3rd Generation – The Best Overall
We primarily chose Nest for short-term rentals because most Airbnb hosts seek to control the temperatures remotely without having to deal with the complains for the unit being too hold or cold.
If you want to set a specific temperature range, the lock out features are crucial, and even if a guest complains that they’d prefer it warmer, you can change the range remotely.
In short, the Nest offers the ease of usage and installation like no other thermostat and is guaranteed to save you a lot of money.
Are you looking to save energy and make life even easier for yourself and the guests?
With the Google Nest learning thermostat, you can save energy without having to program a single thing.
- Remote Control
Home/Away Assist takes away the task of heating or cooling an empty house while its Remote Control feature allows you to control your thermostat from anywhere with just a few taps on the Nest app.
- Energy Usage
You can also check your Energy History to see how much energy is being used and why; plus, look for the Leaf every time you choose a setting that saves energy!
What’s more? The Google Nest 3rd Generation looks stunning in any home décor – making it easy to fit into anyone’s lifestyle seamlessly. With this device, saving money and living smartly has never been so effortless!
Get convenience, comfort, efficiency all in one! With Google Nest, you will get the savings without sacrificing comfort – enjoy unparalleled peace of mind for your short-term rentals.
Reasons to Buy
- You can integrate Nest devices with IFTTT to further automate and enhance your experience. You can use the IFTTT to get alerts when they detect motion so it can also work as a security device for your Airbnb.
- Takes about 5 to 10 minutes to remove/replace the old units with the Google Nest. Super easy to set up and use.
- Nest has a interactive website for the installation of this unit that makes it simple to determine whether your existing wiring can support one of these newer thermostats.
- Guaranteed to save you more money and cut down the zeros in your energy bills than ever before done by any other thermostat.
- Allows you to use wireless remote sensors that you can place in rooms where most time is spent and it will do a better job at maintaining the temperatures, using less gas, less electricity and making less noise.
- Being able to set the temperatures while you are away. The control of your Nest is at your fingertips after the thermostat is successfully connected with Wi-Fi.
- The Nest has a stainless steel dial. Rotate the dial to change the settings of the thermostat and simply press on the unit to select the option. This feature is quite unique, fluid and futuristic in our opinion.
- You get an email of your usage each month from the Nest. The ‘leaf’ symbol indicates that you’ve set your temperature on energy saving.
- Nest allows you to achieve the the sleek, modern and clean look that you might be looking for in a smart thermostat.
- It also allows you to lock the screen to prevent guests/children from tampering with the settings.
- You are able to control everything from your phone, i.e.. (fan, cooling/heating mode, humidity level, away/home mode, set a schedule, history, etc.)
- The Nest will pay for itself in savings so if you’re on the fence about buying this because of its price, we would suggest to hop on the side of purchasing.
- It has a free compatibility checker on their website which makes it easier to know whether or not it would be compatible with your existing system.
However, the Nest is compatible with 95% of the HVAC systems so you probably don’t have to worry about the compatibility.
- Nest will not leave you in the dark once they get their money.
Going through the set-up if you encounter any difficulty, feel free to contact the Nest support team who are extremely helpful and don’t use jargons that most people won’t understand.
- The thermostat is voice controlled by Alexa and you can change the temperature by simply asking it to do it for you.
- Another option to contact Nest support is through their twitter page, they will ask you questions via direct messages and answers them politely.
- Programming the thermostat is really simple and can be done from both the unit and the app itself.
- You get alerts when the Nest drops blow a certain set temperature furnace/HVAC isn’t responding so that way your pipes don’t burst or your pets aren’t adversely affected.
- Most people would love the minimalistic design of the Nest, it feels sturdy, modern and well built and can also match the aesthetic of any home.
Reasons to Avoid
- The Nest has an auto-movement sensing that turns on the display when it detects movement 10 feet in front of it. You can however change the settings to 3 brightness levels. The lowest level works best at night time.
- The auto-schedule that tries to learn your patterns can be a little grumpy in the first week of installing since it is learning your habits. It’s a good feature once you get passed its quirks.
- It might not be immediately clear how to get what you want when you first turn it on. The iPhone app is much simpler to use, so stick with it and it will get easier to use in a day or two.
- The Nest 3rd Generation is slightly on pricier side of the scale.
- The Nest may draw power from your AC during the initial stages of installation. This is a serious bug that you may encounter.
Even though it is extremely cold both inside and outside your home, the Nest will cause a surge to your AC that will cause some ac units to randomly and repeatedly turn on.
- The learning algorithm may not work as efficiently for some as it does generally. It might make your house too hot at the night or too cold in the morning and may take longer than usual to actually learn your habits.
- Ever since Google bought the Nest devices there seems to be more back-end glitches than ever before. Google prompts you to switch the log in to Google.
Once you do that, there’s a chance you might face a problem with logging in to your Nest app it may not log you in or log you out after a few minutes.
In order to check your Nest devices, you may need to go back-n-forth with the log in process a couple times before it is solved.
- In some rare scenarios, the Nest may randomly have crazy temperature changes on its own, with you being left scratching your head trying to figure out what happened.
- You might need to restart the thermostat several times throughout the day if there are sync issues between the app and the thermostat.
That’s it in a nutshell for the Nest Learning 3rd Generation Smart Thermostat.
It’s probably some of our most used smart appliance here in our studio, especially in the summer.
You just have to do a little homework up-front and call for help if you need to.
2. Emerson Sensi ST55 – Best Runner-up Thermostat For Airbnb
The Emerson Sesni ST55 is the best value for money smart thermostat you will come across that has all the smart features for an Airbnb host including the screen lock feature that is much needed for short-term rentals.
Emerson Sensi ST55 is an essential device for reducing home-energy use while giving ultimate control over temperatures settings.
Plus enjoy superior comfort with personalized temperature settings at any time of day or night – something your old thermostat couldn’t offer you!
- Energy Saving
With the ENERGY STAR-certified Sensi Smart Thermostat, you can save about 23% on your energy cost without any hassle!
Keep your energy bills low while also monitoring the performance of your HVAC system with this sleek device.
Featuring a flexible scheduling option, remote access and usage report features, it’s designed to keep track of performance and efficiency.
Plus, its easy DIY installation means that common (C) wiring is no longer required in most applications.
Despite what it might say on the instruction manual about needing a C wire to install the unit. You are rest assured that it can be seamlessly installed without a C wire with most systems.
Enjoy all the convenience of a traditional thermostat without having to patch or paint any walls!
With helpful reminders and maintenance alerts, you don’t have to worry about making sure everything is running efficiently again.
Reason to Buy
- Excellent manual control and screen visibility as opposed to other Wi-Fi programmable thermostats with too much screen clutter in the attempt to remove the buttons.
- Old fashioned buttons really are better for the most functions doesn’t matter if they don’t look as smart or futuristic.
- After the set-up is complete, you are able to control almost all settings of the thermostat remotely from your phone.
- Sensi respects your privacy and has a policy against selling your personal data to outside parties.
- Sensi ST55 has the ability to be configured to work with any kind of HVAC system. Hence, compatibility is not an issue.
- With as many or as few schedule steps as you like, you can create a variety of programs as many as you like.
Example: You can set up different schedules for times when you’re at home, away temporarily, and away for extended periods of time.
- Installing the thermostat is fairly easy and beginner-friendly. The app helps you identify which wire to go in which terminals.
- Once installed, you face zero connectivity problems and the thermostat works like a breeze.
- The Sensi algorithm is such, that if you turn the high heat on, it remains on until it reaches the desired temperature which heats up the house more quickly and it is more energy efficient.
- Sensi is simple and gets the job done, it has a friendly interface for seniors as well which makes it easier to use for all age groups.
- You can program the thermostat via the phone app or from the unit itself.
- If you have two wire boiler heat system installed, you DO NOT need a C wire for installation. Which would then be a breeze to install the thermostat.
Instead of a C wire, you would need two AA batteries to power the thermostat.
- The size of the thermostat is not too large to look obnoxious and it has a good sized display.
- The thermostat has a built-in level to the back-plate, so you don’t have to worry about not mounting it straight on the wall.
- The app walks you through the process of syncing SmartThings and Google Assistant with the Sensi app.
- You get the option to lock the thermostat buttons so the guests/children can’t change the settings of your device.
Your guests will still be able to change the temperatures to their liking and you can change them back once the guests check out.
- The thermostat allows you to have full control over your unit long as it is connected to Wi-Fi and lets you see exactly how much the furnace has ran each day and monthly.
Reasons to Avoid
- Don’t bother to call Sensi tech support. You will spend a lot of time on-hold and you might never actually talk to a human. And the support web site was almost as slow.
- The information is there on the website but you have to be an intermediate to understand the technicalities.
- You would have to change every default settings of the thermostat. Many complaints arise only because users don’t bother to go through the every bit of the settings.
- You can control remotely everything else but not the fan schedule.
- Most users may complain about the complexity of programming the thermostat but personally we found it reasonably easy to program.
- The firmware of the Emerson Sensi artificially manipulates the device’s temperature sensor to regulate a/c runtimes.
This implies that the thermostat will occasionally run your air conditioner too much and other times not enough.
- This thermostat without C wire, over time the thermostat may have a problem of eating up the AA batteries in a day.
So everyday you would have to feed it new batteries. However, no such problem was raised in the 5 month test period of the thermostat.
That’s it in a nutshell for the Emerson Sensi ST55.
You just have to do a little homework up-front and call for help if you need to.
The thermostat works as advertised and we recommend it to anyone looking to upgrade their HVAC system controls.
3. Honeywell Home T9 – The Tesla of Thermostats
If you want to have personal control over the temperatures instead of leaving it to a smart algorithm, T9 is the one for you. Easy to use, install and program.
The device relies on Honeywell home smart room sensors as opposed to “smart” learning which is a great feature in our opinion.
If you’re a professional property manager, Honeywell offers an upgraded version of this magnificent device that can be operated in bulk, allowing you to manage multiple properties with ease.
However, for residential use, the Honeywell T9 is hands down the best on the market.
Upgrade your short-term rental with the Honeywell Home T9!
- Security & Flexibility
As an Airbnb host, you understand the importance of maintaining control over your thermostat settings.
The T9 has you covered with its lock-down feature, ensuring that only temperature adjustments can be made, while other settings remain untouched.
- Comfort Modes
Use Honeywell’s T9 Smart Thermostat to adjust the temperature from anywhere and have it automatically react to your lifestyle with Auto Home/Away Scheduling.
- Room Sensors
With the Honeywell T9, you can choose the perfect temperature for your bedroom or any specific room. No more tossing and turning, hoping to find that sweet spot.
The Smart Room Sensors will do the detective work for you, automatically detecting which rooms people are in and focusing comfort where it matters most. Now that’s genius!
Let’s talk about the amazing sensor range. They deliver an efficient signal up to a whopping 200 feet range (and even more, depending on your home construction).
- Multi Room Focus
We know your Airbnb may have multiple rooms, and we don’t want you to play favorites.
The T9 Smart Thermostat can handle it all. With the addition of sensors, you can create a multi-room focus, ensuring every guest enjoys personalized comfort. We’ve got the versatility to match your hosting skills.
The T9 utilizes its entire device space as one massive screen, providing you with a visual feast of information at a single glance.
It’s like the Tesla of thermostats, boasting an expansive screen size that takes your breath away. No more squinting or fumbling with complicated menus. The Honeywell T9 makes temperature adjustment effortless and intuitive.
- Smart Home Automation
Let’s talk control. They’ve got options – lots of them. Control the T9 using the Resideo app on your phone, or effortlessly manage it through voice commands with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, and more.
The Honeywell T9 works with forced air systems (gas, oil, or electric), hot water and steam systems, and heat pumps with electric backup.
It does have one exception though – electric baseboard heat (120-240V) won’t be joining the party.
Airbnb hosts and homeowners who crave simplicity, style, and efficiency.
Say goodbye to those clunky eyesores that dominate other smart thermostats. With the Honeywell T9, elegance meets functionality. Its clean, white design seamlessly blends into any home decor.
The guided installation setup is as simple as it gets. Plus, the included power adapter is a low-voltage alternative to a C-wire, ensuring compatibility with most homes.
Note: But before you hit that purchase button, a quick reminder: check if this thermostat is compatible with your home, and determine if you need a C-wire power adapter.
Reasons to Buy
- With the help of smart sensors, you can have the system operate at one desired temperature for one or more rooms. You can even have slightly different temperatures in various rooms at different times.
- Scheduling and installation process went without a hitch. Extremely DIY friendly interface.
- The Honeywell home app is also very easy to use and pair with an intuitive interface that walks you through the whole pairing process.
- If you had an awful past with “smart” thermostats where you always felt like fighting with the unit because you lived in an area with constant temperature swings where the “smart” thermostat would just seem confused.
- With the Honeywell T9, all those worries go down the drain. It allows you to set the parameters and controls the temperature with-in those but when you tell it to blast the heat it goes “dumb” (in the best possible way).
- Combined with the sensors, your condo/rental will always feel the most comfortable.
- Zero connectivity issues, works like a breeze once the whole thing is set-up.
- The best thermostat for Airbnb, allows you to lock the settings so that they can only be changed to change the temperature.
- The thermostat is plain white and has an easy-to-read display for users of all heights.
- The smart sensors will greatly impact your energy bills by cutting down energy costs.
- The App makes it far easier to program the thermostat than the base unit.
Reasons to Avoid
- You might face a some Wi-Fi connectivity issues during the initial stages of setting up the unit.
Solution: If your T9 doesn’t hold the Wi-Fi connections like it did with us, it was probably confused by our ORBI 5GHz frequency causing the Wi-Fi connections to be lost every 10 minutes.
The solution is to use the TELNET and terminal to change the SSID name on the 2.4GHz band-width. Then connect the T9 to that 2.4GHz SSID.
- The furnace thermostat wiring diagrams and installation instructions could use a lot more clarity.
- The sensor installation instructions are also quite brief for a novice DIYer.
- All of your T9 settings and configurations will be wiped out if the power goes out.
That’s it in a nutshell for the Honeywell Home T9. You just have to do a little homework up-front and call for help if you need to.
4. Honeywell TH6210U2001 – Best Cheap Smart Thermostat for Airbnb
If you’re looking for a simpler, cost effective and non-complicated option for your Airbnb then the T6 pro got your back.
The T6 pro is programmable thermostat but can also be kept simple by just setting a consistent temperature without programming.
The installation is not quite beginner-friendly. There are a lot of set up options that might trip you up if you’re not familiar with your system and HVAC in general.
Therefore, it is recommended to have a technician over to get the job done.
A great inexpensive thermostat packing immense value for its price.
The T6 Pro Programmable Thermostat offers flexible scheduling that can handle up to 2 heat and 1 cool, designed with convenience in mind.
With just a few simple steps, you can customize temperatures throughout your day depending on what works best for each activity.
Utilizing 7-day flexible scheduling, you can set your thermostat for the upcoming week and quickly change it if your plans change.
- Remote Monitoring
Plus, you can access and monitor settings from anywhere via smartphone or web portal – no extra hardware required.
Whether it’s preheating before bedtime or cooling down after coming home from work – the T6 Pro has got it covered!
And with its intuitive display interface, set-up is incredibly easy; all settings are at the tip of your fingers ready to be changed whenever necessary.
Reasons to Buy
- You are able to lock the keys fully or partially which is key feature for any Airbnb thermostat.
- The T6 Pro allows you to set a heat and cool temperature limit which prevents guests or children from changing the temp past a certain limit which would help contribute to energy efficiency.
- T6 Pro offers a large display that is easier to read.
- Another extremely useful feature in our opinion is the adaptive intelligent recovery settings. If this is turned on, the thermostat will try to have the temperature ALREADY at the set point at the time that you programmed.
For example, if your thermostat is set to turn on the heat at 7 a.m. and the temperature is 72, it may turn the system on 20 minutes earlier, so by the time its 7am, your desired temperature is achieved.
- With the base-plate, the thermostat is large enough to cover the hole from a previous much older thermostat installation.
- The 5-2 program with a temporary hold is very effective. Everything runs as you would anticipate. It’s also quite appealing for a plain white plastic square.
- The T6 Pro is easy to comprehend and program.
Reasons to Avoid
- The temperature readings are not bold enough and there is little contrast between numbers and the background.
- The installation manual does not clearly explain the functions of the different settings it has.
- Not an easier thermostat to install.
- You have to program the thermostat each day separately and cannot copy your programming from day to day.
- The thermostat auto switches between heat and cool but it’s slightly complicated.
The algorithm-based switch between heat and cool requires a temperature difference of at least 4 degrees, which is a significant change in temperature for maintaining comfort levels making the people in the room feel slightly overheated or chilly.
That’s it in a nutshell for the Honeywell TH6210U2001. You just have to do a little homework up-front and call for help if you need to.
5. Honeywell Home RTH6360D1002 – Best Cheap Programmable Thermostat
Looking for a reliable and inexpensive thermostat for Airbnb?
This Honeywell 5-2 Day Programmable Thermostat is the perfect solution.
Let me tell you why this thermostat is an absolute standout with this unbeatable price point in the market.
With this thermostat, if anyone changes the settings, don’t worry! The temperature will automatically revert to the programmed setting when the next time period is reached.
Imagine the peace of mind knowing that your desired temperature will always be restored, even if your guests decide to make adjustments.
These thermostats come pre-programmed with a learning function that adapts to your HVAC system’s responses. It intuitively turns on before each time period to ensure your desired temperature is achieved by the start time.
However, if you prefer manual control, you can disable this feature easily following the provided instructions. It’s all about flexibility and personalization.
This thermostat is a champion when it comes to maintenance.
You can program it to display a reminder for changing the AC filter based on either run time or calendar days elapsed. Say goodbye to forgetting those crucial filter replacements.
This innovative device is designed to give you complete command over your HVAC system while effortlessly accommodating the needs of your guests.
With flexible 5-2-Day or 1-Week programming, you become the master of your own schedule. No more fiddling with confusing buttons or squinting at cryptic symbols.
The backlit LCD display not only shows the current room temperature but also the set point temperature, so you’ll always know what you’re dealing with.
But wait, there’s more! Their Smart Response Technology is like having a personal thermostat assistant.
- Smart Learning
It learns the ins and outs of your space, figuring out exactly how long it takes to reach that perfect temperature at the perfect time. So when you want it warm and toasty, it’s there waiting for you, no questions asked.
Now, let’s talk about versatility. This thermostat is as adaptable as a chameleon in a color palette factory.
It effortlessly handles the switcheroo between heat and cool, making your life easier. And those pesky low batteries and filter changes? No worries, their reminder alerts have got you covered.
- Memory Retention
Oh, and power outages? Child’s play. The program is retained in memory, ensuring your comfort stays intact even in the face of chaos.
A UWP mounting system, included hardware, and quick install guide will have your thermostat up and running faster than you can say “energy savings.”
- Daylight Saving
They’ve even got your timekeeping needs sorted. The real-time clock automatically adjusts for daylight savings time because who wants to be fiddling with clocks when you can be out there enjoying life?
This thermostat is compatible with forced air (gas, oil, or electric), hot water and steam, and heat pumps with electric backup.
Sorry, electric baseboard heat (120-240V), this one’s not for you. But hey, we’re all about inclusivity, just not when it comes to electric baseboard heat.
Reasons to Buy
- The thermostat prevents unauthorized members from setting the temperature too low for extended periods, ensuring energy efficiency and comfort.
- The thermostat offers four programmed time settings: WAKE, AWAY, HOME, and SLEEP, allowing for customized temperature control throughout the day.
Each time setting can have its own temperature and start time, providing flexibility to suit individual preferences.
- The instructions for installation and setup are straightforward and easy to follow, ensuring a hassle-free process.
It is recommended to take a picture and write down the existing wiring before installation to avoid any mistakes.
- The system “learns” how your HVAC system responds and turns on before time periods to ensure the desired temperature is reached, improving comfort.
There is an option to disable the system’s learning feature, allowing for manual control if desired.
- The thermostat can be set to a 5-2 programmable mode, allowing separate programming for weekdays and weekends.
Alternatively, it can be set for non-programmable operation, providing flexibility based on user preferences.
- It offers both Auto and Manual modes, enabling automatic changeover from heat to cool, which can be very convenient for users experiencing temperature fluctuations between night and day.
- The thermostat is reasonably priced, making it an affordable option without compromising on performance.
Reasons to Avoid
- The thermostat may be overly sensitive or the triggers for activating the heating system are too narrow.
This implies that the thermostat may respond to slight temperature changes, causing short cycling and potentially increasing energy usage.
- Lack of instructions for a 2-wire system. This could make it difficult for individuals with older wiring configurations to install and properly configure the thermostat, leading to issues like the furnace not turning off when required.
- Instead of straightforwardly explaining the settings, the manual uses number codes that require constant reference.
It can be a bit frustrating and time-consuming to navigate through the manual to understand the different settings.
The Honeywell Home RTH6360D1002 is both modern and functional while also avoiding unnecessary features and complexities like Wi-Fi and smart capabilities. Sometimes simplicity is key!
Decision Making Factors For Buying A Thermostat For Airbnb
Whether you are a homeowner or an Airbnb host, having the right thermostat can make all the difference in providing your guests with comfortable and efficient heating and cooling.
In this section, we will discuss some of the key factors to consider when choosing a thermostat for your Airbnb property.
We’ll cover topics such as energy efficiency, ease of use, smart features and more so that you can make an informed decision on which type of thermostat best suits your needs.
Ease of use:
The thermostat should be simple to use for both you and your guests. Look for a thermostat that is simple to operate and has a clear, easy-to-understand interface.
The display and font of the temperature readings on the thermostat should be large and bold enough for the convenience of your own and your guests.
Also, consider if the thermostat can be programmed with preset temperatures so your guests won’t have to change it every time they come and go.
Cost & Efficiency of Thermostat:
It’s important to evaluate the cost of a thermostat compared to the potential energy savings. Choose a model that is energy efficient and will help reduce your utility bills over time.
Additionally, look for models that are eligible for any government rebates or tax credits that can further defray the cost.
Many newer models offer advanced features such as voice control, Wi-Fi connectivity, remote monitoring and more. If you intend to use these features, consider the type of equipment that best suits your needs.
Compatibility with Other Systems:
Make sure the thermostat you choose is compatible with other systems in your home or Airbnb property such as heating and cooling units, security systems and more.
Ease of Installation:
Some thermostats are more complex and require professional installation, while others are designed to be user-friendly for DIYers.
If you do not have the resources or experience for a professional install, you may want to look for models that can easily be installed yourself.
Finally, consider the warranty offered on the product.
Many thermostats come with a limited one-year warranty, but there may be additional warranties available depending on the manufacturer.
Be sure to read through all of the details before making your purchase.
By considering these factors when choosing a thermostat for Airbnb, you will be on track to finding the best model for your needs.
The best thermostat will not only make your guests more comfortable, but it can also help you save energy and money in the long run.
So, what are you waiting for? Start shopping for the best thermostat today!
When it comes to finding the best thermostat for an Airbnb, there are a variety of options that can fit your needs.
Whether you’re looking for something basic or cutting-edge, with Wi-Fi capabilities and automated temperature control settings, we have highlighted some of the best choices on the market today.
With this guide in hand, you should be able to find the perfect thermostat for your Airbnb property so that both guests and hosts alike will enjoy their stay!