Welcome to the ultimate face-off: Ring Doorbell Pro vs. Pro 2. If you’ve been pondering over which Ring doorbell to bring to your doorstep, you’re not alone.
Choosing the right video doorbell is a critical decision. It’s about security, value, and enhancing convenience.
But navigating through the specs, features, and all the technical jargon can be as confusing as picking the right key from a bunch.
That’s where we come in. We’re here to simplify it all, helping you make an informed choice. Let’s dive into the world of Ring Pro and Pro 2, comparing their strengths and finding the perfect fit for your home.
Ring Video Doorbell vs Ring Video Doorbell Pro Specs
Ring Video Doorbell Pro vs Pro 2 – Detailed Analysis
Ring Doorbell Pro vs. Pro 2: It’s a heavyweight showdown in the world of smart doorbells. These two are like cousins from the same family, with a lot in common but distinct features that set them apart.
But don’t worry, we’ve done the homework for you. Let’s dive in!
Ring Pro vs Pro 2 – Key Similarities
- Video Quality: Both doorbells offer high-definition video quality with HD and live-view capabilities.
- Motion Detection: Both feature Advanced Motion Detection with customizable motion zones, allowing you to receive alerts for specific areas of interest.
- Audio: They both come with Two-Way Talk and noise cancellation, enabling you to communicate with visitors at your doorstep.
- Alexa Integration: Both doorbells can be paired with Alexa for various functions, including voice announcements, live video feeds on compatible Echo devices to engage with the visitor, and the ability to greet visitors with built-in Alexa Greetings (with a Ring Protect Plan subscription).
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: They offer dual-band Wi-Fi connectivity, supporting both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks for a more reliable connection.
- Power Options: Both are hardwired to existing doorbell wiring for continuous power, ensuring around-the-clock operation and peace of mind.
- Ring Protect Plan: With a Ring Protect Plan (sold separately), you can record all your videos, review footage for up to 180 days, unlock advanced features, and share videos and photos for both doorbells.
- Dimensions: Their dimensions are quite similar, with only slight variations in size.
- Installation: The average installation time for both doorbells is relatively quick, with 15 minutes for the Ring Doorbell Pro 2 and 5 minutes for the Ring Doorbell 4.
- Rapid Notifications: Both doorbells are quick to send you an alert whenever there’s motion detected on your front door. The average notification speed is around 3-5 seconds. Moreover, as long as the motion persists, both doorbells will continue to record in 1-minute increments.
Ring Pro vs Pro 2 – Key Differences
- Video Quality: The video quality on the Ring Pro compared to Pro 2 is adequate. Pro 2 offers much more vibrant and crisp footage. The Pro 2 also offers a high dynamic range (HDR) while the Ring Pro doesn’t.
- Field of View: The Pro 2 overpowers the Ring Pro here as well. The 1:1 aspect ratio and bird’s eye view of Pro 2 gives you the full picture, head-to-toe. Compared to the 16:9 aspect ratio of Ring Pro.
The Pro 2 also gives you a bird’s eye view. It provides an aerial map view that traces the path of visitors during motion events recorded by your camera.
- Night Vision: Both offer color night vision when the porch/patio lights are turned on. The Ring Pro gives better color nighttime footage compared to the Pro 2. While the night vision quality with infrared lights turned on is similar.
In the Ring app, the Pro 2 also offers customizable settings for the color night vision while the Ring Pro doesn’t.
- Audio: The audio coming from the doorbell speaker during the 2-way talk is much louder & clearer in the Ring Pro 2. While the Ring Pro’s audio quality is slightly muffled but satisfactory.
- Accessories: The Pro 2 comes with limited doorbell accessories compared to the Pro. The Ring Pro 2 only comes with a silver faceplate. The Ring Pro comes with 4 faceplates with multiple color options to choose from.
- Chime Response Time: Both doorbells come with a power kit that’s meant to hook up with your existing doorbell chime. If you have an existing power kit, make sure to replace it with a new one.
The Ring Pro 2 offers instant chime response when the doorbell is pressed while the Ring Pro has a 4-second delay for the chime to ring.
- Motion Detections: The Ring Pro 2 operates with 3D motion detection which utilizes radar technology to detect motion more accurately. However, this feature is dependent on your motion zones and motion sensitivity.
Frequently Asked Question
Is the ring pro worth it?
The decision of whether the Ring Pro is worth it depends on your priorities.
If you value enhanced video quality with more vibrant and crisp footage, as well as high dynamic range (HDR) for better image clarity, then the Ring Pro 2 might be worth the investment.
It also offers a wider field of view, giving you a more comprehensive view of your doorstep, and a bird’s eye view for tracking visitor paths.
On the other hand, if you prefer slightly better color night vision, customizable settings for night vision, and budget-friendliness, then the Ring Pro could be your best bet.
In terms of audio, the Ring Pro 2 provides louder and clearer two-way communication, which might be important for you.
Lastly, if advanced motion detection utilizing radar technology is crucial for your security needs, the Ring Pro 2 with 3D motion detection could be a valuable choice.
How to reset ring pro doorbell?
To reset the Ring doorbell Pro, grab hold of the Ring screwdriver that came with the package. Unscrew the bottom screw on the doorbell and pull the faceplate off.
Locate an orange button on the side of the doorbell. Press and hold it for about 15 seconds until the blue LED starts blinking.
After about 30 seconds, the blinking will stop and the doorbell speak to you letting you know it’s in setup mode.
From there it will take you to the Ring app for further steps and processes to follow.
Does the ring doorbell pro 2 have a battery?
Yes, the Ring Doorbell Pro 2 has an internal battery and not a quick-release rechargeable battery. So the only option is to wire it with your existing doorbell wiring.
Ring doorbell pro 2 what’s in the box?
The box includes Video Doorbell Pro 2, Satin Nickel faceplate, Pro Power Kit, installation tools and screws, corner kit, user manual, and security sticker.
Is ring doorbell pro 2 worth it?
Yes, the Ring Doorbell Pro 2 is worth it if you’re looking for upgraded features and enhanced performance.
It offers better video quality with vibrant and clear footage, a wider field of view, advanced motion detection with radar technology, improved two-way audio, and customizable color night vision settings.
While it may come at a slightly higher price point, these enhancements can significantly improve your home security and convenience.
In the world of smart doorbells, the choice between Ring Doorbell Pro and Pro 2 ultimately depends on your specific needs.
The key takeaway here is that the Ring Doorbell Pro 2 offers significant upgrades in video quality, field of view, motion detection, and audio clarity, making it a worthwhile investment for those seeking top-tier performance.
However, the Ring Doorbell Pro still holds its ground with a range of color faceplates and a slightly more budget-friendly option.
Regardless of your choice between Ring Pro vs Pro 2, both options bring convenience and security to your doorstep.
So, assess your priorities, pick the one that aligns with your requirements, and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing who’s at your door.