Our reviews are long and detailed. We aim to equip readers with the best possible insight in order help them make informed decisions.
So you’re looking for the best homekit thermostat that would pair with your Apple homekit app to have the ultimate ease to control the thermostat via your voice, smartphone, or tablet
While also saving a bunch of money energy bills and also being able to control your thermostat remotely and regulate the temperatures in your home when you’re away.
If that’s you, then we know you’ve been lurking for a while now to look for the best homekit thermostat that integrates seamlessly with the homekit app and just be reliable and efficient in all realms.
And if you’re someone who just wants a basic smart thermostat for homekit, we’ve got your covered as well.
Most people just want to set the temperature and forget about the unit without having to scratch their head and spend time figuring out most smart features that quite a handful of people don’t care about.
In this article we will discuss the best homekit thermostats that will meet and exceed your expectations while also saving you a lot of money of your utility bills.
So let’s not beat around the bush any longer and let us dive in to the world of the best Apple homekit thermostats, we’ll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes!
Our team of smart home tech enthusiasts spent months rigorously testing over 9 smart thermostats for Apple homekit before short-listing these thermostats that will surely make ends meet.
We have covered every pro and con of the upcoming homekit thermostats and provided an in-depth and unbiased review.
To learn more about your next smart home purchase, continue reading. We have done the home-work for you!
Short on time?
We have covered the in-depth review of our top picks below. To discover more interesting facts about your next smart purchase, continue reading. We have done the homework for you!
Here’s the #1 Best Selling Homekit Thermostat in 2023
The #1 Best Homekit Thermostat – Ecobee 3 Lite
When compared to Google Nest thermostats that basically sell your personal information to the highest bidding third parties.
You can never trust nest thermostats with your personal data. Nonetheless, the Ecobee smart thermostat packs a great punch when it comes to useful features, practicality and saving you money!
From the right aesthetics to all the necessary features like, voice control, system monitor, follow me, dehumidifying feature and much more which we will be explaining to you in greater detail!
All in all, this thermostat is DIY friendly to install, easy to setup and program with an intuitive interface.
Let us introduce you to the best homekit thermostat in 2023. This little device can make a big difference in your home!
Super easy to install, the box includes everything you need to do that. Plus if you don’t have a “C” wire, it comes with a PEK kit supplied with the thermostat that gets the job done.
First off, the Ecobee thermostat can save you 23% annually on your heating and cooling costs, to put this in perspective, you are likely eligible for a rebate by your utility company.
With around $100 rebate plus the reduced energy bills, this thermostat basically pays for itself.
If you’re someone like me who likes to control everything from their phone, the Ecobee 3 lite is perfect for you!
If you want other rooms in your space to be at just the right temperatures, the Ecobee comes with remote temperature sensors that enhance comfort to another level!
After installation, it asks you questions like the location, size and construction type and age of your house.
This information along with the outside weather conditions are used by Ecobee to determine the heating and cooling pattern for your house.
The user interface is consistent across all platforms. (e,g the unit, web page and the smartphone app)
You get to remotely control your thermostat from your smartphone from anywhere.
Which means you can change the temperatures when you’re not home and adjust them to your comfort levels before you reach home!
Do you ever forget to close your doors or windows? This thermostat has got you covered.
It automatically pauses your heating and cooling when a door or window is left open.
But you’ll need the Ecobee Smart Sensors for doors and windows and a smart security subscription.
Reasons to Buy
- Offers immense value and is easily affordable after the energy saving rebate and reduced electricity bills.
For people who experience hot Texas like summers where you’re not satisfied with the way your AC is cooling and the electricity bills are off the roof. The Ecobee thermostat has got your back!
- It comes with a vacation mode that allows you to regulate temperatures in your house when you’re away.
- Homekit integration and the user interface is flawless. Ecobee can be added to the home app where you can control the temperatures manually or via voice control or any automations you may have.
- The display is big enough with large and clearly visible temperature readings.
- It shows you a weather forecast of the whole day.
- It allows you to set limits. For instance, the maximum limit for heating and the minimum for AC.
- Sits pretty nicely against the wall, not too bulky and not too slim.
- Very easy to set a schedule to regulate and maintain temperatures throughout the day.
- Comes with a geofencing capability that uses your smartphone’s location to determine if you’re present in the house or not.
You can set a radius outside which the thermostats knows you have left the area. The default is 100 meters (330 feet).
Tip: If you want your house to automatically start heating and cooling while you’re on your way back home, set the radius limit high enough so that it detects that you’re in the area and starts to heating/cooling before you reach home.
- With the system monitor feature you get to see all the performance of your system on their website.
- It works best with the remote temperature sensors. You can place them in different spaces/rooms to see how your home heats or cools. The temperature sensors do a great job in keeping all your rooms at just the right temperature.
- Installation is fairly straight-forward with step-by-step video instructions on their website for DIYers.
- Zero Wi-Fi connectivity issues.
- Doesn’t require a C wire or batteries and the thermostat can powered with the PEK kit that comes with the package.
- You are allowed to run auxiliary equipment such as a humidifier.
Reasons to Avoid
- You cannot really rely on the customer service to troubleshoot the problems you may face with the unit.
- You may experience inaccurate temperature readings causing the thermostat to turn on and off at wrong times.
- The thermostat relies solely on a power source and does not have a battery backup option in case of a power outage.
- There are a lack of color options available for this unit.
- The thermostat offers a 3 year warranty which could not be sufficient for most people who are expecting it to last for several years.
- You may experience some issues integrating Alexa with the thermostat. However, based on your trials, we didn’t encounter any worth mentioning issues related to home automation systems.
- It may feel like the thermostat is over-priced but it’s worth every penny based on the value it has to offer.
- The unit emits a slightly loud clicking sound when turning it on or off which can be disturbing for people who will install it in their bedrooms.
That’s it in a nutshell for the Ecobee 3 lite thermostat for apple homekit. It is an excellent choice for homekit users looking for a reliable, affordable and truly efficient thermostat that saves money and in the long run.
Recommended Read: “how to add a common wire to thermostat?”
2. Emerson Sensi ST55 – Best Runner-up Thermostat for Homekit
Emerson Sensi ST55 → The second best homekit thermostat out right now without C wire. This state of the art thermostat uses batteries to maintain connection in the event of a power outage.
It’s super convenient in terms of installation, programming and integrating the thermostat with Apple homekit.
Homekit compatibility means you can control the temperature of your home with your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch and even use Siri voice commands to make adjustments.
Backed by a 3 year warranty with the most user friendly interface, the ST55 has a traditional design with buttons that is liked by a majority of users who prefer the old fashion way controlling the thermostat.
The best part? You get to lock the thermostat out to prevent others interfering with the setting.
When locked, the user is only able to change the temperatures on the thermostat.
Meet the Emeson Sensi ST55 homekit thermostat, the second best option to keep your home comfortable while also saving you a ton of money and energy.
With their privacy protection policy you can rest easy that your personal information is safe and won’t be sold to third parties unlike Google nest thermostats.
It is ENERGY STAR certified and is claimed to save you 23% on HVAC energy.
The ST55 offers flexible scheduling, remote access and usage repots to monitor your HVAC performance.
Comes with easy to follow step by step installation instructions that are DIY friendly.
It is compatible with most HVAC systems around the world and doesn’t require a C wire to function.
Smart maintenance is also a key feature that helps monitor the performance and efficiency of your HVAC system by delivering valuable usage reports, alert about your equipment and reminders like air filter replacement,
So if you’re a forgetful person, this feature could really come in handy.
The built-in level makes installation a breeze, because if you’re someone who has an ick for uneven installations then this thermostat will not disappoint you.
It looks and feels like a traditional thermostat with buttons and a design that fits the same space as your old thermostat.
Therefore, there’s no need to patch and paint the walls.
Reasons to Buy
- It’s a breeze to install and set-up the thermostat. However, you do need to download the Sensi app to do the installation for the step by step easy to follow directions.
- You can control the temperature and set a temporary or permanent hold and set a schedule from your smartphone and the unit itself.
- It auto switches between heating or cooling.
- You have early start feature that you can toggle if you want the thermostat to plan ahead so your house is at the desired temperature at the start of the schedule window. This allows the furnace to turn on a few minutes before the schedule window.
- You can lock the thermostat out to prevent others tampering with its settings.
- The large back-lit display has big temperature readings that are easy to read.
- There’s no clutter on the display, just all the necessary information at a glance.
- Looks and feels like a traditional thermostat with physical push buttons.
- The Sensi app is incredibly user friendly even for the non-tech savvy.
- The geofencing feature allows the unit to sense if you’re away from home and adjust the temperatures accordingly which saves energy.
- Compatible with a wide range of HVAC systems including those with multi stage heating and cooling.
- It is arguably one of the most accurate homekit thermostat to maintain the desired temperatures, keeping the home comfortable and consistent.
- The Sensi app is very responsive and provides a range of features that allow for customization of your HVAC system’s settings.
- Doesn’t require a common (C) wire in most installations.
- Affordable when compared to most homekit thermostats on the market.
- The touch screen display is responsive and does not lag.
Reasons to Avoid
- You may experience an instability with the Wi-Fi connection. Instead of fiddling with it, it is recommended to call a professional to get the job done.
- The display brightness is a bit low which makes it hard to read in low light conditions.
- Lacks advanced programming features like adaptive recovery algorithm.
- It only offers four schedule periods per day which could be limiting for some users who require a little more flexibility in their heating or cooling schedules.
3. Emerson Sensi ST75 – The Climate Guru
Emerson Sensi ST75 → This thermostat is a cutting-edge machine when it comes to being the third best homekit thermostat. However, this one does require a C wire for installation.
This thermostat is competent in all realms. It is incredibly easy to install, setup and program, and overall a solid homekit thermostat that is more affordable than Ecobee.
The integration with Apple Homekit is just flawless.
It is designed to make your life easier like the both above mentioned homekit thermostats.
The ultimate solution to smart and efficient home temperature control.
Plus, installation is a breeze, thanks to the built-in level, illuminated easy-click terminals and easy to follow step-by-step instructions. No need to hire a professional if you’re even the slightest bit of tech savvy.
With Sensi you don’t have to worry about privacy invasion, as they guarantee to not sell your personal information to third parties.
It is certified by ENERGY STAR and is claimed to save you 23% on your HVAC energy with the help of features like flexible scheduling, remote access, and usage reports.
With its sleek design, it’s sure to compliment your home décor.
Control and monitor the thermostat from anywhere with the Sensi or Homekit app.
Smart Maintenance provides valuable usage reports to help monitor the HVAC system’s performance and ensure efficiency while giving reminders and alerts about your unit, such as the air filter replacement reminder.
It is compatible with Apple Homekit (obviously), Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
The geofencing feature can already detect and adjust the temperature accordingly based on when you’re not present at home.
Reasons to Buy
- You can program the thermostat via the Sensi app or the Apple Homekit effortlessly.
- Flawlessly integrates with Apple Homekit, you can control the temperature with Siri and add automations into your Homekit “scenes”.
- The Sensi app also gets the job done and has the all the necessary controls needed to function.
- The Sensi app offers a few features that the you can’t otherwise have on Homekit. For example, setting up reminders for air filters etc. However, for day-to-day operation, both apps would work just for daily use.
- Has large, easy to read and uncluttered display that can be convenient for family members or elderly people who don’t like to control it from the phone.
- The thermostat is pretty straight-forward overall and there’s not a huge learning curve involved.
- The overall responsiveness of the thermostat is incredible.
- You can create alternate schedules for vacation mode or when you are home or away more than usual.
- The display stays on when functional. Grey display for when it is inactive, blue for when it’s cooling and orange for when it’s heating.
This can be useful especially if you’re an ex nest user where you would have dance around in front of the unit for the display to turn on.
Reasons to Avoid
- The geofence is limited to 3 miles and stat goes into away mode when you go past that limit so you might want to turn that off in most cases.
- You might experience instability when connecting it to Wi-Fi.
- Limited smart features, such as ability to learn your schedules and adjust accordingly.
- The customer support can be a turn off. You may face long waiting hours just to resolve a simple problem.
- The Sensi app could get glitchy and unresponsive at times.
That’s it in a nutshell for the Emerson Sensi ST75. It has many positive features and benefits. However it is important for the potential user to be aware of the drawbacks before making a purchase.
4. Kono KN-S-AMZ-004 – Smart, Sleek & Simple!
Kono KN-S-AMZ-004 → Ever heard of the Kono Smart Homekit Thermostat?
It is yet another fantastic homekit thermostat that integrates seamlessly with Apple Homekit.
With its sleek and modern design it blends in perfectly with your home décor. It is super easy to install for DIYers who like to take the bull by the horns.
Remote access enables you to control the temperature in your home from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet.
It can save you a lot of money in terms of energy saving by keeping the consumption in check.
Plus it works with most heating and cooling systems so you probably don’t have to worry about compatibility.
Customize your thermostat to display to match your aesthetic, mood or preferences with various colors to choose from.
Want a cool blue or a fiery red display? Kono smart homekit thermostat has got you covered!
Stay comfortable in your homes while saving energy!
With Kono you can use your voice to adjust the temperatures Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Homekit.
You’ll never have to come home to a cold house again because Kono automatically adjust the temperature based on your proximity using the geofencing feature.
Kono keeps track of your energy consumption and provides you with smart scheduling estimates for your utility costs.
The thermostat is made of plastic but doesn’t necessarily looks or feels cheap.
This thermostat has a big shiny knob that you can turn to adjust the temperature in your house. It looks really neat and it works really well!
The pictures of the thermostat make it seem very big, but it can still probably fit in the same place as your old one.
It is compatible with forced air, gas oil, electric furnaces and A/C units and also requires a C wire connection.
With Kono app or Homekit app you can easily access your thermostat remotely and make temperature adjustments.
Reasons to Buy
- It’s a cakewalk to set-up the thermostat with clear step-by-step instructions.
- The geofencing feature allows your to automatically adjust temperatures when you’re away or on your way home helping to save energy and utility costs.
- Compatible with various HVAC units including forced air, gas, oil, and electric furnaces, as well as A/C units.
- The ability to control the thermostat remotely via the Homekit app offers the ultimate convenience anyone could ever wish for. The ability to adjust temperatures and schedule the stat remotely is amazing!
- Apple homekit integration was like shooting a fish in the barrel. You can control the thermostat using Siri via the home app on your iPhone.
- If you’re someone who care a little more about the aesthetics then you’re on the right page. With its sleek ad modern design, Kono allows you to have customizable display and interchangeable faceplates to match your home décor.
- It provide usage reports for monitoring energy usage, costs and for optimizing the thermostat settings for maximum efficiency.
- The display is uncluttered and easy to read even from across the room.
Reasons to Avoid
- It is a bit complicated to install for novice DIY installers. Therefore, it is recommended to either call a professional or watch a video online.
- Wi-Fi connectivity could be a problem reported by most users. The Wi-Fi signal strength of the thermostat is not as strong as other smart home devices which may contribute to connectivity issues.
- The customer support is not reliable.
- If in case you receive a defaulted or refurbished unit, there’s a chance that the unit might not respond well to temperature changes, resulting in inconsistent heating or cooling.
- The interface is not very intuitive you need to get the hang of it to navigate smoothly across the settings.
That’s it in a nutshell for Kono smart homekit thermostat. It offers great value as a homekit thermostat. However, it may not be as reliable as the above mentioned thermostats for apple homekit.
In this blog post, we’ve highlighted some of the best apple homekit thermostat available in 2023, including their features, benefits, and potential drawbacks.
By reviewing the options and considering your specific needs and budget, you can make an informed decision about which homekit thermostat is right for your home.
Whether you’re looking for advanced automation capabilities, energy-saving features, or simple control from your phone, there’s a homekit thermostat out there that can meet your needs.
So why not upgrade your home’s thermostat to one of the best homekit options on the market today?