Our reviews are long and detailed. We aim to equip readers with the best possible insight in order help them make informed decisions.
So you’re looking for durable attic fans with thermostat which does not cause wear and tear over time and can help prevent dampness and provide a cooler temperature to improve your home’s indoor air quality?
Well, let me tell you, it’s not always a walk in the park to find the best attic fan with thermostat.
Picture this: limited knowledge about attic fans, and suddenly you’re drowning in a sea of types, sizes, and features. It’s like trying to decipher an ancient attic fan language!
And oh boy, don’t get me started on the technical jargon! It’s like they’re speaking another attic fan dialect up in here.
CFM, motor power, HVI ratings…who knew attic fans had their own secret vocabulary? It’s enough to make your head spin faster than the fan blades!
Now, take a deep breath and consider the holy trinity: quality, performance, and affordability.
Set a budget and find that sweet spot where they all converge. Remember, you’re not just buying an attic fan; you’re investing in your peace of mind.
Attic exhaust fans are a smart investment for anyone looking to protect their home’s roof and attic structure.
Attic exhaust fans can help regulate the temperature in the attic space, especially during hot summer months.
By removing hot air from the attic, the fan can reduce the amount of heat that enters the living space below, resulting in a more comfortable home environment.
Secondly, attic exhaust fans can help prevent moisture buildup in the attic, which can lead to mold growth, wood rot, and other moisture-related problems.
An attic exhaust fan can save you from costly moisture related repairs that can be avoided with proper ventilation.
Attic fans also contribute in improving indoor air quality by removing pollutants and allergens.
This will ensure a safe and healthy living environment for your families.
In this article, we will go over some of the best attic fans with thermostat that are:
- Easy to install
- Less noisy
- Improve air quality
- Maintain cooler home temperatures
So without wasting an time, lets jump right in!
Short on time?
We have covered the in-depth review of our top picks below. To discover more interesting facts about your next smart home purchase, continue reading. We have done the homework for you!
Here’s the #1 Best Selling Attic Exhaust Fan with Thermostat
1. iLIVING Hybrid Smart Thermostat Solar Roof Attic Exhaust Fan – Best Overall
iLIVING Hybrid → This attic fan with thermostat is the Rolls Royce of attic exhaust fans.
It has all the bells and whistles you could ever wish for in an attic ventilator.
The energy efficiency is off the roof as it is solar powered and runs during the day without electricity.
The energy saving feature is by far one of the most appreciated feature of this attic/garage exhaust fan.
It saves you time and money on installation costs and it comes with a smart thermostat that allows users to control the temperature and humidity levels in their attic.
Introducing the iLIVING ILG8SF304 Hybrid Smart Thermostat Solar Roof Attic Exhaust Fan, the ultimate solution to keep your home cool and comfortable while saving you big on cooling bills.
This fan is equipped with a powerful 20W adjustable polycrystalline solar panel, providing up to 2000 sq. ft. of capacity cooling.
This smart attic fan with thermostat offers a wide range control of 50-122 °F with an enable/disable feature, giving you complete freedom to control the fan according to your preference.
The IP68 waterproof brushless motor ensures long-lasting durability and reliable performance.
You can also add on features like a non-stop running AC power supply, on/off switch, and a screen guard (sold separately) to enhance your experience.
With a 15-year warranty, this attic exhaust fan is a one-time investment for your home.
To ensure quiet operation, it is recommended to use 1/2” thick rubber pads between the metal fan frame and the wood wall frame under each mounting screw…
As well as adding rubber grommets to the metal frame mounting holes to prevent vibrations from transmitting through the sides of the mounting screws.
It is also important to double-check that the shutters open and close smoothly after mounting the fan, and to not over-tighten the mounting screws.
This attic fan with thermostat is designed by iLIVING in San Francisco, California, and it’s the number one selling fan for a reason.
Reasons to Buy
- Easy to install which makes it a great option for anyone looking to cool their home or garage without having to hire a professional.
- It comes with an adjustable thermostat that allows you to control the temperature according to your needs.
- It is also super quiet and does not vibrate, making it ideal for use in any setting, whether it’s a residential or commercial property.
- The fan is equipped with a powerful 20W adjustable polycrystalline solar panel, which is IP68 waterproof, allowing you to use it even in wet conditions.
- The brushless motor provides up to 2000 square feet of capacity cooling, making it suitable for use in large areas.
- The attic fan is designed to cool your home or garage efficiently, reducing your energy consumption and costs.
- It is perfect for use in areas with cold weather and rain, such as the Pacific Northwest, where condensation can be a problem.
- It can be programmed with a timer or smart plug to turn off and on automatically, which can solve the issue of the blinking and failure to turn on after reaching the set temperature.
- Robust build quality, it can withstand harsh weather conditions, and it comes with a long warranty period.
- This smart attic fan with thermostat can also be paired with a speed controller and thermostat, recommended by Amazon, for even more precise control.
Reasons to Avoid
- The shutters of the fan open in the wind, regardless of wind direction or building side, which can be frustrating.
- The wind can spin the fan blades, causing the bearings to wear out quickly.
- When it snows or there is a snowstorm, snow can blow through the open shutters and into your home, which can be problematic.
While you may be tempted to put magnets on the shutters to weight them down, they will not stick to the shutters, so you cannot use that solution. Instead, you may have to tape the shutters shut for the late fall and winter months.
- The instructions that come with the product are not helpful, as they do not include a template cutting disk to ensure you cut the correct size or silicon seal the screws to make it waterproof.
Overall, the iLIVING Hybrid Smart Thermostat Solar Roof Attic Exhaust Fan is a great option for those looking for an energy-efficient, quiet, and easy-to-install fan for their garage or attic.
2. AIRLIFT T10 – Best Runner Up Attic Exhaust Fan with Thermostat!
AIRLIFT T10 is the second best attic fan with thermostat that can be controlled remotely!
It goes the full 9 miles and has all the features to sustain itself, provide comfort and perform optimally for years to come.
The ease of installation, quiet operation and efficient cooling are the reasons many users are satisfied with this attic fan.
Introducing the AIRLIFT T10, the ultimate solution to ventilate your space and breathe easy!
This high-airflow exhaust fan is designed to effectively ventilate out heat, moisture, odor, and dust from any room in your home/kitchen/bathroom/garage.
With dynamic temperature and humidity programming, timers, grow cycles, scheduling, and minimum speed settings, the T10 can be customized to your specific needs.
Plus, with Bluetooth connectivity to their AC Infinity mobile App, you can access advanced programs, alarms, notifications, and view climate data on-the-go.
The T10 is IP-44 rated to be highly resistant to liquid and dust.
The heavy-duty build features aluminum blades, steel wire guards, and steel shutters, making it durable and long-lasting.
At 10 inches in size and with an airflow rate of 631 CFM, the T10 is the perfect size for most spaces.
It has dual ball bearings and special features like an EC motor and temperature & humidity controller.
It comes with an LCD display and remote smart temperature and humidity sensors…
Which means you can customize the fan speeds and set dynamic triggers to respond to changing conditions.
The innovative EC-motor maximizes airflow while reducing energy consumption and noise levels.
Reasons to Buy
- High performance exhaust fan with a built-in temperature and humidity controller.
- It has a sleek design, ease of installation, and excellent air movement even at low noise levels.
- The fan is ideal for garages, greenhouses, and other enclosed spaces where the air needs to be circulated and cooled.
- Moves insane amounts of air for its size, claiming to move around 1000 cubic foot, which it absolutely will.
- The fan blades are weighed like a car tire so it doesn’t wobble.
- The digital controller has many options for maintaining your space to any temperature or humidity needs.
- It works so quietly that you’ll think its not on.
- The directions for setting up the digital controller were easy and helpful.
- Helps you save on energy bills throughout the winter.
- Features a robust and long lasting build quality.
Reasons to Avoid
- The sides and top of the shutter has gap of 1/4″ or so, but can be easily fixed with some one-sided foam tape.
- One major downside is that some users may receive a unit that will not have Bluetooth despite being advertised. If you find yourself in this situation, you may call the tech support and get it replaced.
- This attic fan with thermostat has a ton of settings, but they could be a little confusing to navigate through.
- The louvers on this fan only rest on the bottom of the frame which allows small cracks on the top and sides of the frame. This design allows small insects like flies, wasps, and stink bugs to enter the structure.
- You may experience occasional malfunctions in the fan’s temperature sensor making it challenging.
- The fan may not be shipped as the correct model with the right functions like we mentioned earlier about the Bluetooth feature that was missing.
Overall, the AIRLIFT T10 is a robust attic exhaust fan that is highly recommended for anyone looking for a powerful exhaust fan with advanced features.
3. iLIVING ILG8SF24V-T – 24 inch Attic Fan with 2 Speed Thermostat.
iLIVING ILG8SF24V-T is one of the best attic fan with thermostats with its impressive ability to move air quickly and efficiently.
It is easy to install with clear instructions and all the necessary hardware included in the package.
Despite its power, the fan is surprisingly quiet when operated.
Its a great choice for anyone looking for a customizable and cost-effective cooling solution.
This power attic vent packs a great punch in terms of the value for money.
Introducing the iLIVING ILG8SF24V-T, your go-to solution for reducing those sky-high cooling bills!
With its wall-mounted automatic shutter vent fan, keeping your home comfortable year-round has never been easier.
This fan is perfect for any space in your home – from the attic to the garage and everything in between.
Its fully enclosed motor is thermally protected and permanently lubricated, making maintenance a breeze.
With the built-in thermostat control, you can customize your comfort with its 3-speed settings and temperature range of 32-130°F.
The weather-resistant shutters made of high-grade aluminum ensure the fan’s longevity by withstanding heat and moisture.
Installation is electrician-free and simple with the included 6 feet cord, standard 3-prong plug, and AC cable.
Reasons to Buy
- Installation is shooting a fish in a barrel for the tech-savvy.
- It also has louvers that work to keep out bugs, which is a great feature for those who want to use it in a space with plants.
- The two-speed fan option, which allows for more flexibility in how much air is being pulled through the vent.
- The motor is quiet, which is a plus for those who want to use it in a space where noise may be an issue.
- The remote control is also a wow factor, as it makes it easy to turn the fan on and off without having to physically access the vent.
- This attic fan with thermostat is robust as the packaging was damaged when it arrived but the product was still intact.
- The fact that the vents automatically open and close and are thermostatically controlled is another great feature.
Reasons to Avoid
- Temperature controller didn’t work properly, but this issue was easily solved by using an auxiliary temperature controller.
- The mounting of the fan was difficult, with the stationary nuts turning and needing to be held with vise grips to tighten the bolt.
- The packaging of the fan was also damaged during shipping.
- Customer support is not very reliable.
Want to improve ventilation in your greenhouse, porch, garage or storage trailer? Look no further! iLIVING ILG8SF24V-T is the perfect solution for you.
In conclusion, choosing the best attic fans with thermostat is crucial for maintaining comfortable temperatures in your home and prolonging the life of your roof.
After thorough research and analysis, we have presented some of the best options available in 2023.
Remember to consider factors such as size, efficiency, noise level, and durability when making your decision.
By investing in a high-quality attic fans with a thermostat, you can save on energy costs and protect your home from potential environmental damage.
We hope this guide has provided valuable insights and helped you make an informed decision for your home.