Are you looking to replace that older vertical shaped heat only analog thermostat with a newer 2 wire heat only thermostat that has better features and more?
Look no further! In this article, we will be discussing our top choices for 2 wire heat only thermostats that are designed for your specific needs!
It can be a nuisance to find a 2 wire heat only thermostat that is compatible with your specific heating system.
Most 2 wire heat only thermostats have limited features compared to most advanced models.
If you’re someone looking for more features such as programmable schedules, Wi-Fi connectivity and voice control..
Or if you’re someone just looking to replace their old thermostat that isn’t reliably turning the furnace on or off anymore and don’t really want a fancier thermostat..
Either way, you’re in good hands!
So let’s not beat around the bush any longer and let’s dive in!
Here are the best 2 wire heat only thermostats that you’ll need to reliably turn your furnace on or off.
To save you time, money and hassle, our team of smart home tech enthusiasts spent months rigorously testing these 2 wire heat only thermostats so you can pick the one that meet your requirements perfectly.
Short on time?
We have covered the in-depth review of our top picks below. To discover more interesting facts about your next smart purchase, continue reading. We have done the homework for you!
Here’s the #1 Best Selling 2 Wire Heat only Thermostat.
1. Best Honeywell 2 Wire Heat only Thermostat – Honeywell TH1100DV1000
Key Takeaways: → The best accurate 2 wire heat only thermostat that that is compatible with most HVAC systems.
It is quite similar to a traditional thermostat that is better than your previous one and gets the job done without any unnecessary “smart” features if you’re someone who wants to install the thermostat and forget it.
Wiring the thermostat is like shooting a fish in a barrel. Just 2 wires, 2 screws and a bit of common sense and you’re good to go.
You would also need a flat head screwdriver to get the job done.
What’s in the box? Batteries, mounting screws and the thermostat itself.
The temperature readings are spot-on.
We would suggest to get some AAA lithium batteries instead of relying on generic alkaline batteries.
Because lithium batteries tend to last longer than alkaline ones.
Easily adjust the temperature scale to your liking with a standard selection of 40 to 90°F.
The backlit display is easy to read and will display the ambient temperatures at all times.
Reasons to Buy
- Easy to read backlit display showing ambient temperature at all times.
- The temperature readings are spot-on, ensuring that house remains at a comfortable temperature at all times.
- Incredibly easy to install. No need to be intimidated by the prospect of installing the thermostat yourself.
- Simple and a basic intuitive design making it easy to install and operate.
- It is battery powered which eliminates the need for complex wiring.
- You have a wide range of temperature selection option to suit individual preferences.
Reasons to Avoid
- Getting wires to hold securely in the screw posts could be challenging unless done by a professional.
- Thermostat does not come with any programmable settings, which can be inconvenient for people who prefer to have more control over their heating systems.
- Batteries in the thermostat need to be replaced frequently, which can be frustrating and inconvenient.
- The thermostat does not come with an auto-changeover feature, which means they have to manually switch between heating and cooling modes.
- Does not come with any humidity control features, which can be an issue for those living in areas with high humidity levels.
That’s it in a nutshell for the Honeywell TH1100DV1000.
2. Sinopé – Best Runner-up 2 Wire Heat only Smart Thermostat
Key Takeaways: This 2 wire heat only smart thermostat packs a great punch and has all the bells and whistles.
Compatible with all 2 wire and 4 wire connections, this thermostat has everything you’ll ever need. Since most 2 wire heat only thermostats have limited features compared to most advanced model.
This unit fills the gap and offers all the necessary features and while being as efficient as possible.
Installation is super easy with accurate temperature readings that prevent fluctuations in temperature where you may need to adjust the temperature more frequently.
Sinopé is the ultimate solution for controlling the temperature in your home reliably turning functioning your furnace.
This innovative thermostat is compatible with electric heating, including, convectors, fan-forced convectors, radiant ceiling heating and it also works best as a baseboard heater thermostat.
The best part? It offers universal installation with 2 or 4 wire connections.
With the Sinopé Smart Thermostat, you can say goodbye to temperature fluctuations and hello to greater comfort.
Thanks to the triac switching, this unit offers exceptional temperature accuracy.
Simply connect it to Wi-Fi and enjoy the exceptional smart home experience.
With the Neviweb app you can activate personalized ambiances, create schedules, trigger actions based on your presence and view real-time energy usage reports.
Reasons to Buy
- The interface is super easy-to-use with an elegant design that blends seamlessly with your home décor.
- Compatible with a wide range of heating systems and smart home automation platforms.
- Incredibly energy efficient when it comes to cutting down the zeros in your utility bills.
- You get remote access of the thermostat no matter where you are straight from your smartphone.
- Installation and programming the thermostat is a breeze for the tech savvy.
- You can give voice commands to Alexa and regulate the temperatures.
- The tech support is awesome and is not just after your money but they actually stand behind their product. If you face any faults in the unit, they would deliver a replacement as soon as possible.
- You can see the outdoor temperature on the unit’s display.
- Glitch free Wi-Fi integration.
- Saves you a lot money by saving energy.
Reasons to Avoid
- If you ask Alexa for the temperature, it will tell you in Celsius even if everything is set to Fahrenheit.
- Installation could be difficult and time consuming for novice installers. The instruction manual could be more clear.
- Limited features such as inability to control fan speed and or set a minimum fan runtime.
- Compared to the Honeywell thermostat this one is a bit on the pricier side of the scale.
- At times, it can overheat and shut down with the display going blank. However, this is a rare phenomenon.
That’s it in a nutshell for the Sinopé 2 wire heat only Smart Thermostat. This is an overall versatile thermostat that works as advertised and gets the job done!
In conclusion, selecting the best 2 wire heat only smart thermostat depends on individual preferences, budget, and compatibility with your heating system.
Honeywell TH1100DV1000 offers a basic and reliable option at an affordable price point.
Sinopé Smart Thermostat, on the other hand, provides advanced features like compatibility with smart home systems and the ability to control your heating remotely through an app.