Our reviews are long and detailed. We aim to equip readers with the best possible insight in order help them make informed decisions.
Did your thermostat for boiler heating system just gave up on you? And now the boiler keeps sending hot water to the heating system even after the thermostat is off?
Or you’re just looking for a boiler heating system thermostat to evenly regulate heat in the house to prevent cold or damp atmosphere and avoid inconsistent heating issues.
Whatever is the case, you’ve come to the right place!
In this article, you will learn about the best thermostats for boiler heating system
We have provided a detailed account as to why these are the some of the top thermostats for boiler heating system today.
Get ready to jump down the rabbit hole of smart thermostats for boiler heating system!
Our team of tech enthusiasts has done the hard work for you, rigorously testing over 7+ thermostats to hand-pick the absolute best one that suits your needs.
Keep reading to discover why you should (or shouldn’t) join the smart home revolution.
Short on time?
We have covered the in-depth review of our top picks below. To discover more interesting facts about your next boiler heat thermostat, continue reading. We have done the homework for you!
Here’s the #1 Best Thermostat for Boiler Heating System with All the Bells & Whistles.
1. Emerson Sensi ST55 – Top Selling Smart Thermostat for Boiler Heat –
Emerson Sensi ST55 → Best value for money thermostat for boiler heating system without C wire!
Although the manual inside the box clearly states that it would not function without a C wire but you need to disregard it like it’s not even there.
In a nutshell, the thermostat is a breeze to install, just slip in the batteries and slap it into the wall plate, download the app, sign up for an account and you’re good to go!
Introducing the Emerson Sensi ST55, the best thermostat for boiler heat.
First off, this thermostat is very safe to use in terms of privacy because it won’t share or sell your personal information to 3rd parties like the Google Nest thermostats.
They have a privacy protection policy which is a super important and valuable feature in our opinion.
Also, the Sensi ST55 can greatly help you cut down the zeros in your energy bills. It is certified by ENERGY STAR which means it will help you save about 23% on HVAC energy.
This is possible with features like flexible scheduling, remote access, and monthly usage reports.
Another great thing about this thermostat smart thermostat for boiler heat is that it’s super easy to install.
You don’t need any special tools and most importantly, as a smart thermostat for boiler heat, it does not require a C wire for installation!
It can fit into the same space as your old thermostat so you don’t have to worry about patching or painting your walls.
The Emerson Sensi ST55 is can help you keep your HVAC system in tip-top shape. It has the ability to monitor how well your system is working and send you alerts through its smart maintenance feature if something needs attention.
For example, it sends you alerts when its time to replace those air filters once they are worn out.
For the people who want a dependable, reliable and a secure experience with their boiler heat system, the Emerson Sensi ST55 is the right choice for them!
Reasons to Buy
- This is a smart thermostat without C wire for boiler heat and the fact that 99.9% of smart thermostat require a C wire to function can be very frustrating.
Do not worry about the tech support or the product description stating that it won’t work without a C wire, we thoroughly test our thermostats before we write these reviews. This thermostat for boiler heat works like a charm even without a C wire!
- You get full control of your HVAC system through their easy-to-use, super intuitive mobile app.
- Has a decent sized display and is not too large to look obnoxious.
- There’s a built-in level on the base-plate. So if you’re fussy like me who want things to be mounted dead straight, then this thermostat has got you covered!
- The app helps you identify which wire goes into which terminal making it super easy to install that can be done by anyone who’s even the slightest bit of tech savvy.
- There are zero connectivity issues.
- The thermostat utilizes its algorithm and uses a high heat feature that heats up your house way faster and the best thing about this is that it doesn’t waste energy, in fact works more efficiently when on high heat.
- Extremely easy and straight-forward to create weekly schedules.
- As mentioned earlier about the ease and simplicity of this unit, due to this it is also the best thermostat for elderly family members with a large and easy to read display. You can control it remotely too if needed.
The controls on the unit look and operate like those on your old ‘conventional’ thermostat.
- This Wi-Fi smart thermostat for boiler heat is very easy to program both manually and on the mobile app.
- You also have the option to lock the thermostat to prevent unwanted interference with its settings.
- Allows you set-up several different schedules.
- You get a pretty decent rebate (refer to your local utility company for rebates) on this thermostat which makes it a steal.
For reference, we got a $75 rebate on this unit.
Reasons to Avoid
- There is an approximate delay of 20-25 seconds between change in temperature and the boiler kicking in.
- The tech support is not very reliable and you could end up staying on hold for extended periods of time.
- You could face an odd communication failure between Sensi’s servers and the thermostat.
There could be a minor delay if you’ve received a defected unit where you can be standing right in front of the thermostat to change the temperature from the app and nothing would happen.
- Some people could face issues connecting it to Wi-Fi. Hence, it is recommended to call for an IT professional if you find yourself in this situation.
Many old boilers lack modern features like smart home integration or energy saving modes which makes it a pain to optimize and manage heating in the home along with slow heating times where the boiler takes longer than usual to heat up the house.
Well, with the Emerson Sensi ST55, all this pain goes out the window!
2. Honeywell Home RTH5160D1003 – Best Non Programmable Thermostat for Boiler Heat.
It is an affordable, reliable and a user friendly option for most people.
This thermostat brings its A game and provides the ultimate comfort by offering steady temperatures and much more without breaking the bank!
This thermostat for boiler heating system is designed to make your life simpler! It has a straight-forward display and basic buttons and is very easy to operate.
The backlit display shows both the current room temperature and the set-point temperature simultaneously that is easy to read.
The Honeywell Home RTH5160D1003 also offers precise temperature controls with a range of +/- 1° F. It comes with an auto change feature so you don’t have to manually switch between heating and cooling.
Worried about forgetting to change the batteries? This thermostat reminds you to change the battery in your Honeywell thermostat so you never have to worry about being caught off guard.
Worried about losing your settings during a power outage? Not anymore, this boiler heat thermostat retains your program in its memory so you don’t have to start from scratch.
Installing the thermostat is a joy, with included UWP mounting system, mounting hardware, and a quick installation manual.
All you need are 2 AA batteries to get started!
Reasons to Buy
- The backlit display shows both the current room temperature and the set-point temperature simultaneously that is easy to read.
- It comes with an auto change feature so you don’t have to manually switch between heating and cooling.
- Offers precise temperature controls.
- A breeze to install, super easy to use and configure with easy to read display.
- A best and reliable option for the elderly.
- It has to the point functions that gets the job done.
- Excellent product support.
- Comes with a built in night light so it’s easier to set the temperature during the night.
- You don’t have to figure out how to “program it”.
Reasons to Avoid
- The dimensions claimed by Honeywell are slightly inaccurate. And you might have to paint your wall when you take the old unit off if you overlook this flaw.
- It’s likely that you might receive a defective or a refurbished unit even though you pay for a new one. This depends on the retailer but the odds of this happening are rare.
If you’re tired of complicated controls of your boiler system and can’t find a simpler thermostat with basic features that consumes less brain calories and actually gets the job done, then the Honeywell Home RTH5160D1003 could be your cup of tea!
3. Honeywell Home THR842DEU – Best Wireless Thermostat for Boiler Heating System.
Honeywell Home THR842DEU → The best wired + wireless thermostat for boiler heating system on the market. Offers the best value and is a real money saver when it comes to efficiency.
In a nutshell, this thermostat for boiler heat is a joy to install, very efficient and turns the heat and off at the correct temperature.
First off, it is a wireless thermostat for boiler heating system which is pretty neat right?
With the setpoint of 5°C to 35°C you’ll always be comfortable no matter what the weather is like outside.
That’s not all, although it may seem like a dumb thermostat but instead its a smart one that has an intelligent self learning feature that can learn your preferences and save you money in the long run!
If you’re really big on saving money then you’re one touch away from achieving this.
Press the ECO button and let the thermostat do the rest. It will lower the temperature for a set amount of time so you don’t have to do it yourself.
It has a large easy-to-read display with the most simplest user interface making it easy to use for almost anyone.
It has a modern minimalistic design that can fit right in with any home décor.
It is designed for reliability and peace of mind, its two-way wireless communication with signal strength test ensures that you have a reliable connection at all times!
Reasons to Buy
- What sets it apart is its ability to deliver efficient control without any complicated programming or learning curve.
- The sleek and slim design makes it perfect for any home.
- It has a feature that cycles the power on and off a set number of times per hour to not let the room cool down too much or to let it overheat.
- Switches the heating on and off at the correct temperatures.
- It’s a breeze to install and operate and once installed, it makes the boiler run way less than it would before.
- Works as advertised.
- Comes with an ECO mode which makes you enjoy watching the utility bills melt and also has a frost protection feature and gives excellent control over temperature.
- Simple to use with no complications with no complications without compromising accuracy.
Reasons to Avoid
- It makes a clicking noise when it comes on but it its not too loud but could still bother some people.
- Could be a slightly stern to remove
- You could find it difficult and time consuming to disassemble the housing to access the contacts and screws to make the assembly.
- There is a probability that you might receive a poorly calibrated unit from the retailer which is totally based on your luck.
So if you’re tired of uneven heating that roots discomfort and frustration and high energy bills due to less efficient boiler heating systems then the Honeywell Home THR842DEU can work wonders for you!
So there you have it! When it comes to choosing the best thermostat for boiler heating system, we have short-listed the ones that are compatible with most boiler heating systems and will meet the needs of most people.
Ultimately the best thermostat for you will depend on your personal preference and budget. Just remember to read the product description carefully and consult with a professional if you’re unsure about compatibility.